Did you know that August is Amblyopia Awareness Month? Well we're celebrating by launching our #CuriousEye competition!
Amblyopia, commonly known as "Lazy eye", refers to the underdevelopment of the eye's connection to the brain. We prefer to think of the eye as "Curious" because the eye is unique, has just been a little distracted, and is still learning to focus and develop that pathway.
"Curious?!" We hear you ask...
Yes, "Curious". We've had enough of the negative language surrounding Amblyopia. No one wants a "Lazy" eye - just hearing the term makes us feel disheartened before we even really know what it means. In fact, research shows that this negative language can even cause delays and roadblocks in our journey to better vision. So, we're on a mission to change that. Will you help us?
We're asking you, our amazing patching community, to join us in changing the language and empowering our children to celebrate their unique-ness. Over the next few weeks, we're running a competition encouraging our community to share photos of your unique little patchers.
Each time you post with our #CuriousEye hashtag, you'll get an entry into the competition to win a 6 month supply of your choice of our Eye patches, including our new Unicorn World Patches!
📸 Post either a Photo or Video of your little patcher wearing their eye patch and doing something they love or have a unique talent in.
#️⃣ Use the #curiouseye in your post as well as tag @speckleskids
💕 Make sure you're following us on Instagram and or Facebook
🏅 Subscribe to our email list so you can receive news of the winner!!
💫 Bonus Step: Get an extra entry by tagging a fellow patching family!
Entries are open from now and close on 17th September.
Terms & Conditions:
- The #CuriousEye promotion is offered by Speckles Optics Pty Ltd, ABN: 4663 3087 073. (PO Box 3321, Burnley North VIC 3121)
Start Date: Wednesday 25th August 2021 8pm AEST
End Date: Friday 17th September 2021 5pm AEST
To enter the promotion, eligible entrants must comply with entry terms and conditions contained in the Competition Rules and the Competition Terms.
You must be over the age of 18 years of age at the time of lodging your Entry Content in any competition and a resident of Australia, New Zealand, U.S.A, Canada or Mexico.
Entrants may make multiple posts but their name will only go in the draw once.
- The winner of the competition will receive six months supply of Speckles Hide&See eye patches. This will be a maximum of 5 bags of Hide&See patches, with the winners choice in designs (subject to availability).
The competition will run on Instagram and Facebook. Contestants are required to make a post on either one of the platforms
- Post either a Photo or Video of your little patcher wearing their eye patch and doing something they love or have a unique talent in.
- Photo must include child wearing their Eye Patch
- Photo should not be blurry
- The video should be a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Use the #curiouseye in your post as well as tag @speckleskids (either our Facebook account or Instagram account)
- They must be following our account on the platform they have made the post.
- They must subscribe to our email list
- An optional step which will not influence or bias who wins the competition is by tagging a fellow patching family.
- All the eligible contestants names will be placed into a lucky dip, which will be drawn at random on 5pm (AEST) Friday 17th September.
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.Speckles Optics Pty Ltd (ABN 4663 3087 073) and its related entities (“Speckles”), is collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition, including for the purpose of identifying and notifying winners and understanding our audience. In addition, by entering this competition, you consent to Speckles optics Pty Ltd using your personal information for the purpose of Speckles and its related entities sending you information regarding programs, products and services available through them and/or through their business partners. We will always provide you with the ability to opt out of those communications.
- The winner will be announced through our email newsletter, and will be contacted directly through the platform on which they made their post.
- In order to claim the prize the winner must directly message Speckles with their contact details for us to ship the products.
- The results will be published through our email newsletter.
- The winner has until close of Business 5pm (AEST) on Friday 24th of September 2021 to claim the prize.In the case that the prize is not claimed we will remove the persons name from the draw and re-draw a new winner.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with instagram and/or Facebook.